There is no doubt that in today’s world infographics is there almost in all the places on the internet. Any popular subject will certainly have its share of infographics. It could be serious things such as marketing to simple things like apps and even bed time stories. Hence the use of infographics is quite widespread to say the least. After a short lull this trend has come back with renewed vigor in 2010. This perhaps was because the internet marketers were thinking of a better way to market and sell their contents. Quite often it was found that the top 10 lists were being overdone. This certainly increased the need for coming out with more interesting content. Visitors were becoming frustrated and bored with typical content and there was a crying need for better and refreshing content.
There is little doubt that even today content continues and will continue to remain the main driving force. Google, the giant search engine will always have a soft corner for fresh and new content. However, coming out with refreshing and new content is easier said than done and it indeed is a quite tough job. Though many of us were good at doing the top ten lists (at times perhaps we were even overdoing it), there were quite a few videos which did not cut ice with many visitors and they often termed them as outright boring and uninteresting. Hence, there certainly was a space for something more interesting and unique.
It would be interesting over the next few lines to try and find out what are the various things that help in making infographic become very popular and even go viral. Put in simple words, infographics is nothing but information that is represented graphically, which allows even repetitive and boring information to be presented in a much more unique and attractive manner. However it is important to find out what are the various things that help in making infographic become popular and go viral. Let us find out the important points that go in making this dream come true.
• When you present information in an infographic fashion, it becomes easy to understand and digest. Small, attractive but highly informative graphics go a long way in making data easy to understand and comprehend. However, even today most of the information that we see is not the in the form of infographics and therefore very boring to say the least.
• Further, it is very important that when information is provided in the infographic format the data has to be useful. The information available in such infographic format is so useful and interesting that many users would certainly like to have it printed and keep a copy for later use and reference.
• The next important thing is to keep in mind that in today’s world where time is a major constraint, the attention span of people is very short to say the least. Anything on the internet will not catch our attention beyond a minute. This could be one of the main reasons why so much relevant and useful information is always available on the Wikipedia. We hardly have time to read lengthy references and topics and would rather prefer if the same is presented to us in the form of infographics.
The next question that comes to our mind is to market infographic efficiently and effectively. The infographic market is indeed becoming very crowded and there is the need to stand out from the crowd so that you are counted as someone who is different. Here are a few important things that could help infographics become even more interesting.
• It is always better to submit infographics in Infographic Blogs and Directories. There are several places where this can be done though there are no laid down processes and procedures. All that should be done is to submit you infographic and believe that it will be up on the site where it has been uploaded. Since most of these blogs do not have any acceptance policy, chances are that you could see your infographic being available within a very short period of time. However, it is important to submit the same with a link which will take you back to your original source. But at the same time there are a number of such blogs which do take time for uploading your infographics.
• There are a number of such blogs and directors and it would be pertinent to know some names such as Chart Porn, Flickr Infographics Group, Visual.ly, Charts Bin, Daily Infographic and so on.
• It is also very important to keep the necessary tools ready so that it can be shared on the various social networks. When new visitors visit your infographics it is important to make sure that you have the right quantity of book marking tools near it so that it can be shared with all networks or with those networks that are relevant to your particular market. While this is an important and basic requirement, many bloggers lose sight of this. They of course spend a lot of time making the infographic perfect and catchy while giving this important point a go by.
• Not many of us would be aware of the fact that Reddit is the place where new sensations and memes often first appear on the internet. From here the rest of the networking sties, start taking notice and becoming interested and inspired as far as quality infographics is concerned. However, such stuff posted in this place may not find place on the front page. But it is certain to be featured on the various Tumblr feeds and blogs. This is because there is a big fan of infographics watching the subredit.
• Another important point is to keep in mind that Pinterest is something that is very much in demand these days. There is a big flow of praises and kudos from social media gurus and funding managers. Hence this could be the reasons why like StumbleUpon Pinterest gives an opportunity for some massive increase in traffic for images that are visually pleasing. Since infographics belongs to this category it does get a lot of repins and also many likes on Pinterest. With each like and repin, there is increased chance of getting more visitors to your site. It would be better to watch out for Google Analytics in this regard.
• Another good and effective way to better market your infographics is to find out some influential people in the social media world to share your infographic. The best way forward to catch hold of someone with a lot of Twitter followers or friends in Facebook. It could also be a simple page that has a lot of fans. But it would be wrong to go to them and blindly ask for a tweet. It should be the quality of your Infographic which should make influential social media users look out for one such. A simple example, you could try and get into a deal with female social influencers if you Infographic are about Love and Valentine’s Day. You could end up striking a deal which could be around $50 for two tweets in a peak hour. There are many social media influencers who are unlisted who can do it for you at almost no cost. This however needs some time and effort which you should be prepared to devote.
There is no doubt that infographics is a wonderful way of getting the right attention. It helps to build your brand apart from helping you to build links. It also helps go generate viral social media traffic. However, the need of the hour is not to overdo it but to come out with new ideas, illustrations and find out ways to catch people’s attention.
Mihai Taraipan – an internet enthusiast, who has been involved in web content and management for over 3 years. He currently writes aboutTemporary Tattoos!